Thursday, September 25, 2008

33) Royal Perak Golf Club ..... Tiger Bar


Me and Guna at the Club
Me, Guna and singer Maya
Me, Guna and singer Zaharah








After this short break of a few months, I teamed up with Guna a guitarist and we got a contract to play at the Royal Perak Golf Club. We were to perform at the Tiger Bar for 3 nights a week. This really suited me just fine because during the short break, I was entertaining at company functions and weddings and found this to be more lucrative than holding a contract. This way, I had four days free in a week to do whatever I liked and when functions came along, I could accept them without having to worry about getting a replacement for Tiger Bar.

We played at the Tiger bar for nearly three years. I felt I needed a change, maybe a different place and a different crowd. I was already in my late thirties by now and time seemed to have “zoomed” by so fast. I scouted around for another venue and another contract.

2 comments:

treehugs said...

Greetings Joe,

I am a big fan of Alexandra Wong who writes the Star column Navel Gazer. If she were selling refrigerators in the Arctic, I would be the eskimo buying from her!

Anyway, I believe you will definitely receive plenty of viewing of your blog after Alex's article today. Me, I skipped my Saturday afternoon siesta reading your whole blog.

I may not have known your band and your music but your blog put it so finely.

All the best to you and Liz!

CC

The Travelling Foodie said...

Hi treehugs,

Thanks for reading my blog. Alexandra Wong's great and indeed, there was a lot of viewing of my blog. I'm in touch constantly with her. Thanks once again.

Best wishes from Joe and Liz